BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace 1.0 Layouts »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Birthday Dress!

So i made a dress to wear to my birthday lunch on March 28th. It's pretty swish and with the grandparents and everyone so I wanted something nice, modest and afternoony (as in, not eveningwear, lol). So, I used the same pattern as before (Simplicity 3769), except the skirt is two pieces instead of three (because of fabric restrictions), removed the ties (i thought a belt would be nicer) and i changed the back zip to a side zip. Here's some pictures from around the house!

^_^



(apologies for the sideways pictures. I've tried uploading them 1000 times, and for some reason they won't rotate.)
I really love it! I can't wait to get some really nice pictures at my 21st lunch in a few weeks: I'll post some here. My homework is driving me crazy and I haven't got enough sleep since last Friday, I'm about to implode. I just have to keep on going and going and hoping I don't collapse. I've been doing quite well in my Japanese classes, getting 100% in every test, and I'm starting to be able to read hirigana and katakana in words and simple sentences. Lily and I are a lot faster at picking it up than most of the class it seems. My next sewing job I'm working on is an Orihime Inuoe cosplay (summer schoolgirl) from Bleach, and my fashion awards dress, which is based on the Simplicity 3769 pattern, but isnt exactly the same. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

J.A. Gough said...

I love the little changes you'd made to this dress, and the fabric. It's lovely. Totally awesome to get such great mileage out of a vintage dress pattern!

Vivian V. Dimples said...

*Wolf whistle* Looking fine! Love the pink gloves. Can't wait to see more photos, Em!

Miss Emmi said...

Hey, another cosplayer/vintage fan! And I thought only I combined such weird tastes... Following you now!